Location: West Midlands, Worcester,Staffordshire, Warwickshire
Job type: Permanent
Job sector: Private Practice
Experience: PQE 1, PQE 2, PQE 3, PQE 4, PQE 5
Contact: Jane Marshall
Practice Area: Corporate, Corporate Finance
Job Role: Associate , Solicitor
I am presently working on a number of opportunities for experienced solicitors seeking to handle high quality Court of Protection matters for regional heavyweights in various locations across the South East.
My clients are highly thought-of firms with superb reputations within their localities for dealing with a broad range of private client matters, as well as being recognised as experts within the Court of Protection field for their knowledge of this sector. Due to expansion within their respective teams I am dealing on a variety of roles at all levels of qualification, ranging from newly-qualified through to senior associate level.
Each opportunity offers a challenging role, with experience required in dealing with:-
- Court of Protection applications for the appointment of a deputy, gifts, settlements, wills and change of trustees;
- Contentious applications and hearings in the Court of Protection;
- Dealing with difficult and vulnerable clients, and dealing with their relatives and carers;
- Advising deputies and donors to the extent of their powers and liabilities;
- Preparing wills where there are issues of capacity;
- Preparing lasting powers of attorney;
- Managing the property and affairs of clients who lack capacity, including managing care regimes, arranging investments and completing accounts/reports.
Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a sound working knowledge of the Mental Health Act and will also have the ability to deal with clients in an empathetic manner, naturally including those who have limited capacity as well as carers and their family. For the more senior level opportunities, applicants will be expected to be able to supervise more junior fee-earners as well as undertake business development initiatives to continue to raise the profile of the team as the go-to experts for COP work in the region and beyond.
Remuneration for each role is highly competitive and is designed to attract the best talent available. To discuss such opportunities in more detail call Greg Reid at VG Charles & Co by following the links provided.